Oakfield, Kirkbampton JJ Lattimer new dwelling Highly Commended 2011Energy efficiency assessment

Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s) New Homes

Introduced on the 6th April 2008 it is now law to provide an Energy Performance Certificate for all new and newly built homes which are completed after 6th April 2008.  An Energy Performance Certificate gives information on the building’s energy efficiency.

Current Position

It is likely that if you are working on your new home now you will be working to Building Regulations which were revised in 2002 and amended in 2010.  As part of this process you will be required to provide an energy rating to Building Control for your new home using the SAP standard assessment procedure.

For all new homes which are physically completed on, or after, 6th April 2008 there will be a requirement to provide an EPC and evidence of this should be provided to Building Control.  Building Control will not be able to issue a completion certificate until they are sure everything has been done . 

For more information see the following links:-

Energy Performance Certificate Register website

Building Regulations Part L and the code for sustainable homes

Carlisle City Council logo   Cumbria County Council

Copeland District Council logo   Eden District Council logo


Contact us

0303 123 1702

Allerdale Borough Council
Allerdale House, Workington, Cumbria,
CA14 3YJ